Buy a ticket to win a chance at getting $5,000 off tuition & fees for the 2017-18 school year. Winner need not be present to win.
Raffle Rules and Regulations:
- The prize must be transferred by Chemung Valley Montessori School (CVMS) directly to the winner’s account for the purpose of paying tuition and fees at CVMS for the 2017-18 school year.
- The winner may elect to have all or any portion of the proceeds contributed to the existing CVMS Annual Fund. Any funds donated to CVMS would be considered a tax-deductible gift to the extent allowable by law.
- Any unused portion of the prize remaining after December 31, 2017 reverts to CVMS.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Any tax obligations related to the prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The monies paid must be less than or equal to the balance due to the selected educational institution.
- The cost of the raffle ticket is not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
- Raffle ticket purchases are available only to those persons 18 years or older.
- A minimum of 100 and a maximum of 200 tickets will be sold at $50 per ticket or 5 tickets for $200. The drawing will be held on May 5, 2017, if 100 tickets have been sold by that date. If the minimum of 100 has not been met, the remaining tickets will be sold at the Sequinalia de Mayo event.
The raffle winner will need to immediately complete a series of documents for tax and internal purposes. Questions can be directed to Laurie Thompson, Business Manager.
It is recommended that raffle contestants concerned about possible tax consequences consult a tax advisor.