Questions to Ask
- What are the strengths of your school? What needs improvement? What are you doing to make both the good and less-good aspects better still?
- What are the characteristics of students who thrive in your school? What are the characteristics of those who are not good candidates for admission or are less successful if they are admitted?
- How large are your classes? What’s the ratio of students to instructional staff in your classes? Are there any exceptions to your norm?
- How do you measure success for your students and your school?
- How do your students fare when they transition to another school? What are their strengths and challenges in doing so?
- How do you handle discipline?
- How would you describe the general atmosphere and culture of your school?